Have cleaned the windows thoroughly - it is so much brighter in here now... It's incredible what a difference it makes...
Got some undercoat on the wall today and samples of each of the Dulux paints we are considering: Lexicon Quarter versus Antique White USA. I am leaning toward the Antique White but it needs a second coat tonight before we can compare in the morning sunlight tomorrow... Just to add to the confusion in choosing a shade of white that you can comfortably roll out across the entire house, I am now wavering from Dulux as we painted our old place in Wattyl paints which were fantastic and I priced this product today and was surprised how much cheaper it is... A tough decision to make...
Carpet upstairs gets ripped up tomorrow which will be a good feeling. We are going to be using a router to dig a series of long, straight grooves into the chipboard which is currently under the carpet. Then we are going to seal the chipboard and then paint over it. The finished effect is theoretically going to be that of white painted floorboards - but this remains to be seen. I have not found any examples on line of the kind of thing I am trying to do here, so this will be a true experiment...
No comments:
Post a Comment